Rep2excel is developed for Oracle Report; it can convert
oracle report output to excel format. In other words
it can enhance your Oracle Reports Server to generate
output with rich formatting from paper layout reports
to Excel format
Who need the Rep2excel/j-Rep2excel
Oracle Reports is a comprehensive reporting tool for
enterprise wide reporting, information delivery, analysis
and decision-making. But you will find it is difficult
to generate spreadsheet output from oracle reports.
We introduce an easy, low cost way to output rich format
What is Rep2excel software
Rep2excel can convert
.html file generated by oracle report server (6i, 9i,
10g and 11g etc.) to ms-excel format, you can access the output excel
file via browser.
We provide 2 types of Rep2excel.
- Win32 console application. This edition supports Windows only.
- Java-based web server with Rep2excel Application embeded. We call it j-Rep2excel.
We describe j-Rep2excel in this page. To learn more on Rep2excel Win32, please see Rep2excel.
j-Rep2excel * The faster Rep2excel
The j-Rep2excel is significantly faster (sometimes as much as 25-30 times faster) than the Rep2excel developed by VC. Because the j-Rep2excel call the Apache POI to get excel output. And the Rep2excel developed by VC call Office runtime. So you don't need to install Office on the server.
Using the Rep2excel/j-Rep2excel, You can
- Generate report output to spreadsheet format from
existing paper layout reports.
- Preserve the rich layout formatting such as colors,
fonts, conditional formatting, graphs, and images.
Why j-Rep2excel, not other way to get excel report output.
- Rich format excel report.
What you see in html what you get in excel!
- Low cost.Rep2excel
enhance your report server to output excel. protect
your IT investment.
- High performance.
We recommend another light weight solution to get excel report, please see Java Excel Report Server.
How it works
You can install the application inside Apache server
as CGI application. You can using 'web.show_document'
built-in to invoke the application to convert the
oracle report to excel thru web-browser .[See Live
Please click here
to download an sample code demonstrates how to call
rep2excel from oracle forms.
- Install j-Rep2excel server .
- Generate a report file in html or htmlcss format
by oracle report server and save to c:\example\ ,the
file name is report.htm
- Open IE, call the application follow the URL
- Now , What you need is inside
Try j-Rep2excel without download and installation
You can also try the online server, http://www.lv2000.com:8003/ .
The j-Rep2excel is completely written in Java. It runs on every platform (OS) that supports Java 5 or higher (e.g. Windows, Unix, Solaris, OSX 10.4+, AIX). A GUI is not required for the server.
Try j-Rep2excel on Windows
- Download self-extractive file of j-Rep2excel, click Here to download.
- Run the self-extractive file, extract the installation pack to a folder.
- Double click startup.bat, start the server.
- Open IE browser, visit http://localhost:8003/.
- Convert the sample reports, get rich-formated excel output.
Live demo of step 2-4 is available, please click here and see.
Note: If you want to uninstall, just remove the folder created at step 2.
Download Trial Version
You can download and try a free trial version of
Rep2excel and test it before purchasing:
Note: Limitation of the free trial version.
- No more than 2000 rows are exported.
- Expires 2 months later
||How to install
|j-Rep2excel (with JRE1.6 for Windows) (Recommended)
- Download installation pack of j-Rep2excel.
- Install j-Rep2excel for Win32 .
- Run java-app-wrapper.exe.
- Visit http://localhost:8003/
|j-Rep2excel for Linux(x86)
- download the j-Rep2excel with JRE.
- upload the file to your Linux server.
- run tar xvfz j-rep2excel.tar.gz
- run cd j-rep2excel
- run ./rep2excel, learn usage.
- run ./rep2excel -s, start the server.
- Visit http://localhost:8003/
1) x86 and x64 which one should I download? Please run the following command:
getconf ULONG_MAX | grep "18446744073709551615" > /dev/null && echo "x64" || echo "x86"
Check step by step guide in PDF format
|j-Rep2excel for Linux(x86_64)
|Please contact email@example.com if you need the free trial version for Solarix/AIX etc.
Please see the online HELP document.
The free trial usage period of
Rep2excel is 60 days. If you would
like to use this software after the 60
days evaluation period; a registration is required.
You can order the fully licensed version of Rep2excel
over the Internet with any major credit card.
here for more inforamtion.
Feedback, questions and bug reports are welcome and should
be sent to the customer support, at firstname.lastname@example.org.